Visa – Travel documents for Rwanda
Foreign Nationals wishing to obtain Rwandan Visas, submit their applications to Rwandan Embassies or Diplomatic Missions of their Country of residence for processing.
In the case of those coming from countries where we don’t have an Embassy or Diplomatic Mission, they should request for an entry facility on line which will be used to obtain a visa on any official point of entry in Rwanda. The website to do this is www.migration.gov.rw
In view of the bilateral agreements, the Nationals of the following Countries may visit Rwanda without visa for a period up to 90 days: USA, Germany, Canada, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Uganda, Mauritius, South Africa, Kenya, Great Britain, Sweden, Singapore, Hong Kong and Burundi.
The visitor’s visa should not be used for employment.
Categories of Visas
The Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration issues the following visas :
- Entry visa : available online only, issued for a single entry on any official point of entry in Rwanda, valid for 15 days and renewable by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration up to 90 days maximum (Apply online now!)
- Transit visa: duration 2 days
- Visitors’/ tourist visa: issued by Rwandan Embassies and renewable at Migration office;
- Resident visa with work permit/business-working: renewable and multiple entry;
- Resident visa without work permit
- Permanent visa:multiple entry.
GENERAL CONDITIONS TO OBTAIN RWANDAN VISAS :
The applicant should have:
- A valid Passport;
- Application letter specifying type of visa required;
- A recently taken passport size photo (4 cm x 4cm);
- A complete filled application form.
NB: Police clearance from country of residence within the last six months is required
when applying for resident visa
RWANDAN TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
- Ordinary passport;
- Official passport;
- Diplomatic passport
OTHER RWANDAN TRAVEL DOCUMENTS:
- Laissez passer
- Emergency travel document (not yet in place);
- Refugee travel document;
- Collective laissez-passer (not yet in place);
- Border pass