OPEN LAND RWANDA
Warning: Use of undefined constant powered_by - assumed 'powered_by' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /customers/3/4/5/enjoyrwanda.info/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/wp-followme/followme.php on line 58 Warning: Use of undefined constant powered_by - assumed 'powered_by' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /customers/3/4/5/enjoyrwanda.info/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/wp-followme/followme.php on line 58
A MUST FOR THE CURRENT GENERATION TO PRESERVE THEIR CULTURAL HERITAGE.
African Cultural Heritage is gradually being eroded away due to incursion with modernization. Our Arts language, Food and the Cloth we wear are almost going into oblivion.
Cultural heritage is the legacy of physical artifacts and intangible attributes of a group or society that are inherited from past generations, maintained in the present and bestowed for the benefit of future generations.
Cultural heritage is unique and irreplaceable, which places the responsibility of preservation on the current generation.
It’s for that reason, the company OPEN LAND RWANDA, has opened a Cultural and Artistic Heritage Center which helps Rwandan people and foreigners to know and meditate about how our forefathers lived at the time, the materials they used in their everyday life, their rituals, taboo and also their cultural values that helped them to live in good relationship among them.
This center is located in the city of Musanze District, in Muhoza Sector, Northern Province of Rwanda (in the ex- RUHENGERI Town).
WELCOME in OPEN LAND RWANDA, SEE, GO AND TELL… / TWAKIRANA URUGWIRO ABATUGANA
Different views of the Center:
– The thousand hills Gallery where you can find illustrations and information concerning the Rwandan policies which changed positively the life of Rwandans.
– The art and graft Gallery, where we expose many paint art products and craft products: Some of these products are made by the associations of beginner artists who don’t know how/don’t have possibilities to direct this trade, and the associations of widows and orphans (for the craft)
– Mu Rwagasabo Gallery, there you can find the materials used by Rwandans in their everyday life of before and after the colonial period.
You can watch a live show of how these materials were used.
– Mu Gikari Gallery, where you can find confidential issues like the traditional stores, the hut of ancestors for GUTEREKERA traditional ritual, and a hut of the witchdoctor for KURAGURA traditional ritual. You can also talk to the witchdoctor who explains how the two rituals were conducted.
– Medicinal plants (garden) Gallery: Traditional healer explains how these plants were mixed to treat this or another illness.
Visitors can participate in some activities of the center
– A troupe of cultural exhibition
OPEN LAND RWANDA
<< Cultural and Artistic Heritage Center >>
P.O.Box: 143 Musanze – Rwanda
Tel: (+250) 785 668 574 (+250) 255 121 575